Sunday, January 30, 2011

First week

I had my first Sunday morning in Australia! It was great to go to church, saw lots of old and new friends, exciting to start getting involved again.

Some current prayer points for us are here-(or see pages in the sidebar) look out for the red rabbits, no its not getting in early for Easter, they are there because the year of the rabbit begins soon.

This past week each day I have had settling in errands to do, buying stuff, applying for stuff etc etc, I think Saturday was the first day i didn't have stuff that I had to get done.

I've also been walking heaps around the streets and parks, something I missed while in Cambodia.

I've also been getting to know the college community. The school year will start proper next week, but many students have just had a week of greek/hebrew intensive.

There are lots of new people to meet, as well as old friends  and other people I have connections with.
I don't study here, I just live here, and although Kimsoeun will study here he doesn't have that much class time or class mates on campus. So we can probably choose if we become part of the community or not. I'm really enjoying getting to know people, and there are lots of other benefits (network for ministry here, network for finding partnering churches etc). But I know I'm going to find it hard getting to know so many ppl at once- church, college.... and work which I start tomorrow!

No comments: