Thursday, January 06, 2011

Odd one out

Photo thanks 
Most of my adult life I've been the white person among mainly Asians.

When I first got to China I found it really weird and hard that people stared at me. But then when I got back to Aust. I felt like something was wrong- I walked down the street and no one took any notice of me!

And its not just the staring, I was used to being different to others, but in Aust I felt like I was the same as others.It was very weird.

I wonder what it will be like going back this time? I'm looking forward to my new job, which should give me the opportunity to keeping being the blue cherry. Here is a bit from my brochure:

This year I’m going to join an international student ministry in Australia.  
I’m excited about the opportunity to share the Good News with people from China and other places as they study in Australia. 
I’m looking forward to getting to know international students. As an “international person” myself when I’m back in Australia often it’s other international people I relate best to. 
Kimsoeun  and I are also thankful that this will give me ministry experience that will be useful in the long term. While we are back in Australia for him to study, this will give me the opportunity to be further equipped to serve the church in Cambodia.


No comments: