Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The first few days

So, I'm in Australia!



First 24 hours had some friends babysit me- airport pick up, first night, move into college and get hand phone, bed sheets and toiletries. That all went smoothly. Was great to see them, and all the things on my list to do for my first day I got done. 

First day in a new country I usually have a few things I need to do, it looks like a small list on paper but feels really hard and big. So now I always keep the list short- just aim to get the urgent things done.

So after my first full day in Aust I was able to sleep in my new bed!

I'm slowly unpacking and getting set up. I've been waking up at a good time, but still having trouble going to sleep at Australian time. So I'm still tired, and still feel like I have lots to get my head around, and get sorted out before work stuff starts next week. I think I have enough time, but everything is new so its hard to sort out what I need to do and when. I bought a diary yesterday, so that should help.

From now until Easter I think I'm going to feel a bit tired. When I was a student, the first part of the year was exciting and exhausting as I got to know lots of new people all at once, I think its going to be similar for me this year.

Its started already, getting to know people on campus. And on Sunday I'll go to church and start getting to know people there, then Monday I'll have work stuff on and start getting to know my team mates, then later on there will be students to get to know........ exciting and exhausting!

I haven't quite worked out a good internet connection yet. I'm living on campus, but not because I'm a student, cos my husband is a student, but he is not here yet....so i don't have a student number etc...I feel like a bit of a fraud being on campus! But people keep telling me I'm allowed to eat with everyone so I have been.


No comments: