Friday, February 11, 2011

Different point of view -chicken feet

"Australians don't seem to like eating pig feet and chicken feet," the two Chinese girls I was talking to exclaimed. They seemed surprised that people here wouldn't want to eat such yummy food. They have only been in Australia for a few weeks.

It was so interesting for me to hear this I almost laughed. I had flash backs to when I was first in China and chicken feet appeared on the dinner table. It totally doesn't look like food to me! Its funny to me that they are surprised that we wouldn't want to eat it.

Later I was sharing this conversation with my 2 FOCUS team mates (an Indonesian and an Aussie who has lived in China). They looked at me in surprise "What? Why don't you like chicken feet?" They then began to discuss their favourite way to eat chicken feet.

1 comment:

Bec Spires said...

I like Chicken feet too, although I wouldn't call eating them a meal... More like chewing on a chicken wing only a bit more fatty and more little bones.