Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A bit better (no questions mark this time)

I was just walking along a grey cement path and in front of me I saw heaps of  tiny brown/black lizards darting out of my way. I guess I disturbed them from their noon time sunning.

It reminded me of the way small fish dart away from you when you walk along a slightly flooded path. (In Cambodia in October often the path leading to our house is covered in water and small fish. )

I've lived here about 3.5 weeks and I'm only just noticing the lizards now. I'm definitely feeling a little better each day. Although sometimes there's a blip and I feel like things are getting harder, but I think the general pattern is upwards.

Some good things that happened yesterday:

*Yesterday a team mate (she's also  a friend who I've known for more than 3 weeks, a rare thing in my life these days) sat down with me and we worked out dates for my leave. I was really relieved at the end of the session when we came up with some dates, I had been trying to do it myself but with no luck.

 I had been feeling anxious about when I would get to see my family (who live in another town far far away and I had been going to see before I started work but it was a bit wet), and visit the town I grew up in (esp my sis and the church there who are really supportive).

*After dinner I went for a walk with another girl who lives here on campus. She's also a friend who I've known for more that 3 weeks, she was the only person I knew on campus before I moved here. She asked me lots of questions and did lots of listening and I felt heaps better after that. And we did some laughing as well which is always good!

And today i finally got around to changing the clock on my laptop (was an hour behind) and the time stamp on my blog (was on Khmer time)- so that should help with my confused feeling.

No comments: