Wednesday, April 20, 2011

unexpected bumpings into

Today I was walking down from the office where I had been preparing a seminar. I was on my way to a FOCUS event at uni. I was in a hurry and feeling kind of flustered so of course my shoes chose that moment to give out. I've been meaning to get new shoes for awhile, but today had to be the day. I couldn't really walk properly, so I hobbled into k mart, planning to make a flying visit.

As I tried to run to the shoe section I saw a friend lining up at the cash registers. My friends these days fall into 2 groups- either I just met them 3 months ago- or they are ppl I used to know years ago but haven't seen for ages. This girl was in the second group. We had a bit of a chat, then she ended up running with me to the shoe section, helping me quickly work out which shoes to get, then she ended up paying for them too!

Later that day as I was walking from uni back up to the office, I ran into an international student I know from FOCUS. We have actually been trying to meet  the last few weeks but it hasn't worked out. She was asking people along the street where a certain location was, as she had an exam there. I ended up helping her find the right street and walked a bit of the way there with her. I don't have a very good sense of direction but I've lived in the suburb before.

No comments: