Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas at the market?


This is where I buy my chicken. I always ask for "pure meat", I'm not really into eating bones, organs, and other white crunchy things.
 Normally around a festival in Cambodia prices of food go up. So its a good idea to buy all your fresh fruit, veggies and meat a week before Khmer new year in April , or Phchum ben in October ish. But as Christmas is not a holiday here I was surprised today when my eggs cost just over 4000 riel for 10, rather than just under. She assured me the price will go back to normal once the festival is over.....
One of the ladies I buy veggies from.

The same chicken seller


So many fish products in this country! In the bottom half of the photo you can see some different types of dried fish. At the top there is different types of fermented fish pastes.

A dessert seller and 2 customers. The seller on the left carries the pole on her shoulder/neck and roams around to find buyers.

Front to back- fruit sellers at mouth of market, mobile balloon seller, and across the road some new tall houses.


A big rubbish hole in the middle of the market


No comments: