Sunday, December 28, 2008

Red Dust

All these leaves are really green, they just look brown/red/orange cos of the dust.
The last 3 hours of our trip to the town in Rattankiri were spent bumping along a very dusty road. In the photo above you can see that it was so dusty there were times we couldn't see the road. In this photo you can see a mini van, well, you can see the load on top of the mini van.
The dust even came into the car- into our mouths and noses. When I blew my nose I thought of north China where your snot turns black because of the all pervasive coal dust. This time was snot was red! When we opened the boot all our bags were covered in dust too. Including the sound system and music equipment.

When Soeun washed the car later so much red water flowed out. I didn't have my camera at the time, but the red kept flowing for ages so I had time to  take a photo.
So much red dirt was in and on the car...here is some of it flowing down the street.

No comments: