Monday, December 15, 2008

Indoor BBQ

When Soeun told me his small group was coming over for a meal I got our big table ready. When I have people over I clear our table and move it into the middle of the room. But I forgot everything happens on the floor- they didn't use the table at all.
Here you can see one of the students making a fish sauce. He is mashing preserved fish with garlic, chili, lemongrass, basil and other herbs such as "Saw Herb", named so because it looks like a cutting implement.

A blue basin of squid, a red basket of shellfish and a plate of beef- ready to be cooked. It was a cook a you go meal. We ate these with raw veggies, and used the herb/spice/fish sauce for dipping, along with a lime and pepper sauce.


In previous years Soeun has had a couple of girls in his small group but this year he has none, so not as easy and fun for me to get involved as before.

No comments: