Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Vinegar Festival

 In my first year in Cambodia, I don't think I noticed the seasons, it was just hot all the time. And I rarely saw a sunset or sunrise. Things are really different now.

In November the rainy season ends and boat races are usually held. For me it's often a time to clean up any mold that has grown in the house during rainy season. The last 3 November I was sick (2018-2020) but this November just gone I was NOT sick! In the lead-up to Water Festival, I sorted out things and gave away a lot of preschool materials that we had grown out of. 

Even though we have lived in this house for 4 years, we haven't got around to getting furniture and decorating the walls yet. But November 2021 I had some days to myself, with good health, and I got to clean out the playroom and buy a sofa and cupboard. So putting up the Christmas tree this year was really different to the last few years. We had a place to put it!

Water Festival worked out as the end of rainy season and the start of cool, dry season and Advent. 

No comments: