Saturday, July 05, 2014

hey, don't push in! and why are you standing so close to me?

Choosing foreign food from the shelves as I walked up and down the straight aisles. The smooth floor, air con, fixed prices, food in packets, the lack of chaos and heat and noise lulled me into a false sense of security. I was surprised to find myself getting annoyed when I went to pay.

The process of choosing what I want to buy had been so much like it would be in Aust and in the big supermarkets like Thai Hout and Lucky, I had unconsciously expected that when I went to pay I would be part of a line of people. However it turned out to be claustrophobic huddle like at the market.

I don't think it bothers me at the market, I know its going to be like that, having that expectation  is the difference between just going with the flow or getting irritable.

No comments: