Saturday, May 26, 2012

better??

One day, a few years ago Soeun had a cold. The next day I asked him how he was and he said he was better. Later I realised he was still coughing and I felt confused, why did he tell me he was better when he still had a cold?

I asked him and he replied with the Khmer word for better, the one that means "more good/gooder" and then it made sense. I had thought he meant "chea howie" which means healed.

I've been thinking about that over the last week as Soeun has been feeling heaps better than he has been since late March. When he's sick it's almost as if the real him has disappeared, and when he's well it feels a bit like he has come back to life again, his personality is back. Makes a big difference to my day if I get to see my "real" husband.

So I've been enjoying his good health lately, it very exciting. But I can't get too excited and start planning all the things that are on hold because of his inner ear migraine..... his health is only gooder than before, he is not totally healed.

No comments: