Wednesday, July 20, 2011

going the opposite way

A few of my my Bible college classmates from 2005 have just gone to live in  various parts of Asia.
 
It's been interesting for me to read their newsletters as they adjust to Asia, while I'm re adjusting to Australia. A particular newsletter had a paragraph about ants that made me laugh out loud as recently a community I'm part of here in Aust had a battle with ants. 

Being just back from Cambodia I didn't really get why those Aussies were doing what they were doing (battling ants), but when I read my the newsletter of a Aussie who has just moved to Thailand I understoond a bit:

✴ants are not considered a pest, even if 
they are crawling everywhere in your 
house.  My host family didn’t worry about 
ants in their food at all and just ate them. 
In fact they were bemused when I fished 
them out: ‘oh don’t you eat ants?‘ 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as Dr Mary's national colleagues said "ants don't eat much" m