Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Surprises at Easter

I spent the Easter long weekend on a conference with students and my colleagues.
Cold misty Aussie jungle!
Last 5 years i have been missing hot cross buns so it was nice to eat some this easter!

I was surprised to find a chocolate egg on my bed on Easter sunday. I guess i had forgotten about the whole easter egg thing.

Another surprise was hearing the uni students talking about where they come from. So far this year I have been getting to know international students, so they all come from different countries. It seems like many of the uni students here grew up in Sydney, so when they talk about where they come from they name a suburb in Sydney. There was one particular discussion that was long and detailed about what different parts of Sydney are like.  I found I was really surprised, I guess cos I don't come from Sydney so I think of it as all one place- all one thing, different to other towns in Aust, and towns in other countries. 

No comments: