Saturday, December 19, 2009

dengue

I haven't been online much recently as I've been sick. Thankfully I'm almost better. It looks like I had dengue fever although for most of the week we thought it was a fever due to an ear infection, then an allergic reaction to the antibiotics.

I only had a blood test yesterday, 6 days after the fever started and the doctor said probably too late to show anything, my temp was already down and body aches gone. But he just rang and said that its likely I did have dengue as my platelet count was 135,000. He said normal is between 150,000 to 350,000.

Hopefully I'll get better completely and quickly, dengue recovering sometimes has complications.

1 comment:

stef said...

glad you fell a little better. dengue can be really nasty, we have quite a lot in Hanoi. You can get serology testing if you would like to confirm the illness but at this stage it would only tell you if you have ever had dengue before (in your life, not jus this episode). Rest up and get well soon - stef fox.