Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cooking Khmer food! (mum visit part 5)

While Mum was here we went to a Khmer cooking class and made lots of yummy food. This is a photo of some of the herbs and spices.


First the teacher took us to the market so we could learn about some interesting things there, then we went back and made a few dishes. One of our classmates did a blog on it. She has lots of photos and explained lots of the highlights of the day. Have a look at Ali's How to be a domestic goddess: Khmer edition

Almost all our classmates were Aussies- it was funny to hear them all talking in Aussie accents to each other! Not something I hear often, esp as I can't seem to get Radio Australia very clearly these days.

And if you want to see a video of cooking Khmer food have a look at this. I don't know if its any good or not as my internet isn't fast enough to watch videos.

2 comments:

Jaime S said...

Oh yum :D. I was really looking forward to our cooking class in Thailand. Can't wait to head over your way and do one there!! Oh yeah and see you guys too ;).

Anonymous said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts