Friday, July 18, 2008

Village visit

I have just come back from a visit to a village. I went with a group from Australia. Some of them had a go at planting rice and making Khmer noodles.


Some also tried their hand at using a weaving loom.




We saw lots of palms and banana trees. Some of our transport was by cow or donkey cart. At one point the cow got excited and ran away, while it was supposed to be pulling the cart!



It has been great having the group visit. I've had fun showing them around my world, including walking to my local market and a bus out to visit my in laws. These are things I usually do by myself. Many of the group members I already knew before this trip, but I hadn't seen them for about 10 years, so its been good to get to know them again. One member has spent some time with Soeun talking about the music stuff we wrote about the other month in an email, as well as bringing some resources to help him with it.
I haven't checked my email for about 2 weeks, so don't be offended if I haven't answered you yet!

No comments: