Friday, April 16, 2021

Not just our village in lockdown

Miss my bike! But a family walk is nice.


A week after the 12th case was found near our market, I think the town now has at least 19 cases. 

About 2 months ago there had only been around 400 cases in the whole of the country from since back in January 2020. Now over 5000 more. Daily tally in triple digits.

We have already been confined to our village since Sunday, and the capital has been in lockdown for a few days. Today we heard most of SR town is in lockdown, although people don't yet know the details. But I'm told the supermarket and markets have been really busy.
I think that would stress me out, lucky I've already been in lockdown for about a week.

Until a month or so ago I used Facebook on my phone. I'm glad I signed out before all this Covid 19 chaos took over, I know I would be too distracted. 

Apart from Soeun and Khmer Times I've been hearing what's going on from messages only, not from fb groups and what other people share on fb as usual.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50839817/three-communes-in-siem-reap-b






No comments: