Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Lockdown food

I just found out the milk&bread etc  friends brought yesterday had to be sprayed with disinfectant by the officials before it came in to our village.

 I'm feeling very safe and clean!

My way of getting ready for a no-food-shopping era is to stock up on tinned food. Also as much as the freezer can hold and boxes of milk.

 Meanwhile my Khmer family are preserving duck eggs amd veggies from our garden, as pictured.

And I saw our neighbour digging a hole to find crabs. She found one, even though it is hot dry season.

We're still having lunch as our main meal. My SIL cooks Khmer food. Often a soup or stir fry, ir grilled meat. Breakfast and dinner are more casual and scattered. Default dinner for the kids is fried egg, rice, carrot and cucumber sticks.  The adults often eat leftovers, sometimes I defrost food I cooked for myself that no one else likes.

Master is into WW2 these days. He normally watches short history doc on youtube but today we watch some cartoons about Anne Frank. Now they are both writing in their journals!

It was interesting to see her family have food delivered the day after we had people bring us food.


 

No comments: