Monday, May 19, 2008

"Korean" Class

Well, actually it was Khmer language class but there were lots of Koreans in it! Also Malaysian, American, Singaporean, Hong Kongian (sp?), Vietnamese, Canadian, Japanese, Indonesian, and Swiss people were my classmates in the 9 months that I studied at a university in Phnom Penh.
Here you can see the group I studied with for the first term.

And here is the faithful remnant, well, those of us who are still here anyway. We recently had lunch together at a Chinese restaurant. I was excited because the food you can see us eating here was the same food that I ate when I lived in China. Most Chinese food I’ve eaten outside China is different to the food to I ate in China. I guess the owner or chef is from North China.
It was also fun to show off my husband; oh I mean introduce them to Kimsoeun. As we are all learning Khmer he is the expert!

And this photo is from our second day of class. Our teacher (kru) is writing the first few letters of the alphabet on the board. To the left you can see a poster with the whole alphabet on it.
If you want to have a look at all the letters and vowels click here and scroll down a bit.

No comments: