Saturday, September 14, 2019

9 books I've blogged about in the last 12 months.

What supporters think we do, What nationals think we do, What the secular world thinks we do,
What my friends think we do, What we think we do, What we actually do...

This photo (above) may or may not give you an window into what I actually do. But this list (below) will give you an idea of what I have been thinking about recently.

Some of the books I've read over the last 12 months and the blog posts I mentioned them in:

1.Misunderstood: The impact of growing up overseas in the 21st century, Crossman 
-Culture Gap
-Searching for an origin
(other books mentioned Third Culture Kids: Growing up among worlds and Finding Home)
-6 ways I can see my offspring's childhood is different to mine

2 &3.Marilyn Gardner's books
-Between Seasons, Between Worlds

4.Serving Well: Help for the Wannabe, Newbie, or Weary Cross-cultural Christian Worker, Trotter
-Taking care of your heart well

5.The Body Keeps Score; Brain, Mind and Body in the healing of Trauma, Kolk
-A Sandwich of Sickness Stories
-3 books related to counselling
(other books mentioned Trauma and Resilience: A handbook, The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook)

6.Arriving Well: Stories about identity, belonging, and rediscovering home after living abroad, Brubaker et al 
-6 Types of Reverse Culture Shock Incompetence 

7.Apocalypse Now and Then: Reading Revelation Today, Barnett
-2 ways to read more of the Bible

8.Subversive Jesus: an adventure in justice, mercy and faithfulness in a broken world, Greenfield 
-Silent, settle, still

9.When Helping Hurts: How to alleviate poverty without hurting the poor... and yourself, Corbett and Fikkert
-What do poor people lack?

Let me know if you found a mistake in this post, or if you found inspiration for your own reading, or if you found a desire to buy me an Amazon gift card.

Photo credit: someone on Facebook?


1 comment:

Lesley said...

This sounds like a good collection of books. Thanks for sharing! I'm especially interested to read more about The Body Keeps Score as I've heard about that a few times lately.