Thursday, October 21, 2010

Beijing is BIG

The friend I visited lives in one of these- I think they are 16 stories high! Designed so everyone has lots of natural light inside. Seem to be in groups with a nice gardeny area in the middle. Greenery and natural light, not so common in Cambodian city housing.
I was in a city in north China for about ten days, it was so huge, a town of about 3 million people. I thought it was funny that my friend refers to this town as small, but when I visited her in Beijing I couldn't get over how big everything is.
Me in front of the Birds nest

Some of the many many apartment blocks. I think this is the outskirts of the city.


So many huge buildings and so many people.
I arrived on 10/10/10, we saw quite a few weddings happening as it was a lucky day. The China Daily said that 11,230 couples were registered to get married in Beijing on that day.

No comments: