Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Language teaching and learning


This week in English Fellowship and in my Khmer class we did the same activity. One person looks at a picture and describes it (using only the language that the class is learning). While the other has to try to understand and draw it, without looking at the picture.

I did attended a workshop recently about "Home Assignment". We learnt a memory pairs game that we cold use to present Cambodia/mission to our home churches. I made a version of it for English Fellowship and they loved it! Soeun and I also made a version to play at home.
Its like the card game you might call "memory". Only instead of using a pack of cards you make up question and answer cards, and to win you need to match the right answer with the question. It can be funny, on Saturday we had "Who was the prophet that rebuked "King David?"The first time we got that question, the answer that turned up was "Pol Pot".

1 comment:

Sadami said...

Dear Kath,

It's a good idea to use pictures. As I'm a picture book illustrator and artist, so interested in what people drew in the class.
The other day, when I helped a food service for homeless people, one volunteer was originally from Cambodia. I wrote about it in my blog.
http://sadamisgraffiti.blogspot.com/
So, I will tell her about this blog next time. Please take care, Kath, Kim.
Love and smile,
Sadami