Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Sunshine Centre links

There are a few Aussie CMS missionarys in Cambodia. One of them works at a centre for kids. There are heaps of orphanages in Phnom Penh, but this is a bit different.
It was started when some CMSers saw kids working as rubbish collectors. They opened a place kids could wash, eat, get medical care etc.
I understand that many of the children in orphanages in Cambodia do have parents still living. Sometimes if parents can't look after their kids they end up living in orphanages.

Sunshine Centre tries to help the children and their whole family too, so the kids can grow up in their family.

If you want to know more you can visit their new website Sunshine Centre and have a look at the Sunshine blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi K,
The Sunshine Centre website link didn't work for me -I'll try it later.
Tell Bonnie I read her blog. I tried to leave comment. I can't remember blogging id or work out what open id is. m