Monday, August 02, 2021

4518 cases of Covid-19 in our province so far

I think this is our 3rd lockdown, but they have all been quite different. I'm sure I'll forget all these details in a few months, so recording it here in case I get curious....

So on July 29th some new restrictions were brought in, including provinces near Thai blocked off- banning travel between provinces. Delta is in the community. (And some other country wide things like 9pm curfew came in around the same time. Which confused me as I thought we already had curfew.)

Also they said within those provinces there might be lockdowns. A day after this announcement came out saying most of our town is now in Orange Zone. Back in hot season the capital city was designated as Yellow, Orange and Red zones, Red being the most dangerous. 

Neither of our hot seasons lockdowns had colour, but they were much more strict and swift than this one (so far). So I was confused. 

This so-called lockdown had a big lead up to it, we heard about it 24 hours before the details were announced. Whereas the other ones were put into action before we knew about them.

And so far this one isn't visible in our neighbourhood. The market is still open, we are still allowed to go outside. The road still has traffic, and there are no uniformed people around near us, the closest I've found is about 3km away. Whereas the other ones the street and market were spookily empty apart from uniformed people. 


No comments: