Sunday, December 16, 2012

transition continues

So, I've been sort of living out of a bag for about a month now, and I finished up my regular activities even longer ago, but this weekend I actually left where we were living over the last 2 years. The last week I got rid of so much stuff, I've been culling for more than a month, but even more severely in the last few days. At the end of packing there is always more stuff......

It was fun to find a "To do" list I wrote back in August. It was a list of stuff I needed to get done before I left for Cambodia. It was nice to see that I had pretty much done everything or on track to get it done soon. It was encouraging to see this in the midst of packing and moving, as it felt like I was never going to get it done (and in fact I did run out of time to clean properly, and I was still taking things out of my suitcase on the last day).

Last Sunday I said good bye to people at church. During the week some people from church helped me in various ways so there were a few goodbyes throughout the week as well.

Now I'm further north, where its hotter and I had to change the time on my phone, not actually in Cambodia yet, but a step closer.

No comments: